Think three steps ahead

I follow my gut. I don’t play chess, but I imagine that if I did, I would think of every opportunity three steps ahead in every possible direction. Even if it seems like something would benefit me in the now, it might not benefit me in the long run.
Jessie Shternshus, founder of The ImprovEffect

 

I love the comparison between entrepreneurship and playing chess. You always have to think three steps ahead. Don’t just ask yourself, “What is happening right now?” but “What will happen three steps from the action I’m going to take today?”

You don’t succeed expecting one thing to be your winning ticket in the big entrepreneurial lottery. You have to think long-term and have a vision of where you want to be – that's how to be an entrepreneur.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Think big and small

Believe in yourself and your business

Make Your Own Path